Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Shade Tree

Sometimes life gets so busy that I have to remind myself to breathe. I find myself holding my breath and realize that I am concentrating on so many other things, that I am gasping for air. Women are pros at multi-tasking and I definitely put myself in this boat. Nearly any position in the marketing field requires your brain to constantly have many things top-of-mind and perform them all simultaneously with skill and precision. As a Project Manager, I am continually thinking of my next steps for 2 shoe companies in areas such as social media, community outreach, corporate communications and public relations.

We are fortunate to have My Hero's family close-by. They live on a large plot of land just outside of the city and it's always a treat to visit. Just a few weeks ago, I had a surreal moment. I was acting like a guy. I was able to shut my brain off and just be in the moment. The day was quite warm and we had ventured up the dirt road from my Father-in-Law's house to my grandfather's house. We sat underneath the shade tree with PawPaw and just talked. The pasture was full of corn, the horses were crunching watermelon rind near the barn, the dogs were panting as they lay in the grass...what a surreal moment. Trickles of rain fell from the sky, but the large, leafy tree provided protection. These are the moments you realize life is wonderful. I never envisioned this life for myself, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I married into the best family and am so much more blessed in this life than I imagined I could ever be.
(PawPaw's tractor. Dirt road to his house. Corn fills the pasture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment