Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Caught the Worm

This early bird was up and camera ready for Wilson's World on Charlotte's Fox New Rising this morning. It reminded me of my days working in morning news for NBC in Richmond, VA. I am a happy, yet wanna-be-quiet early riser, but there's just something about getting up at 4:00AM instead of 5:00AM. That hour difference in time is an hour even Jesus didn't care for.

The objective of the morning show was worth the earlier rise. Jon Wilson of Wilson's World produced his show from a Rack Room Shoes location and spoke about the Shoes That Fit program. Donations for the program are collected nationwide in all Rack Room Shoe stores. 100% of the funds raised are then given to schools in the area of each store to purchase shoes for children in need. Who doesn't get excited about a new pair shoes!!!

My Hero was extremely instrumental in getting the children to the store. We used our resources, a.k.a teachers with children, and had them arrive around 6:30AM. They were bright eyed and bushy tailed...as much as they could be. They all picked out shoes to wear and were on-air in no time. Check out the link below for snippets of the show. I couldn't state more how much I truly L-O-V-E my job and how much I love being part of something meaningful.

WILSON'S WORLD

http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/rising/wilsons-world/Wilson-is-with-Some-Great-Kids-Checking-Out-The-New-Kicks-at-Rack-Room-Shoes-218502531.html

No comments:

Post a Comment